This article applies only to the Standard plug-n-play Printer & Tablet pack, consisting of the 7” or 8” Android tablet & bluetooth printer (58mm).
Your tablet and printer will arrive pre-configured, so installation on site requires minimal steps.
BLUETOOTH PRINTER INSTALLATION
- Load 58mm thermal paper
- Connect the black power cable to the front of the printer
- Plug in and turn on by pressing and holding the power button for approx 3 seconds
Note: The printer must be installed within 5 meters of the tablet. Do not install in a location where it will be easily be damaged, overheat or be exposed to steam.
- Connect the white power cable
- Plug in and turn on the tablet by pressing and holding the power button for approx 3 seconds
- When fully booted up, swipe the screen upwards to unlock
- Connect the tablet to your Wi-Fi network (Settings > Wi-Fi)
Note: The tablet must be installed within 5 meters of the printer. Do not install in a location where it will be easily be damaged, overheat or be exposed to steam.
- Open the Quick Printer app
- Tap on the configured printer (named ‘receipt’)
- Tap TEST button
Note: Do not rename the printer. Renaming the printer may prevent new orders from printing.
- Open the Online Orders app (located on the tablet's home screen)
- Login if required; Default username and password sent by email
- Open the Orders page
- The Orders page can be maximised to use all available screen space
- When a new online order comes in, the tablet will ‘beep’
- Tap Print on the new order - the order will be printed to the bluetooth printer and the order status will change to ‘preparing’
- Once the order has been prepared and collected or sent, tap ‘Complete’ on the order to remove it from view
Note: The tablet must be on and the Orders page must be open to receive new orders.